
As some of you may know, our brother, Charlie Wilson, (Class of 1977) passed last November. The cause of death was a heart attack. I received word, via a phone call, on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Ironically, I had been talking about Charlie with a mutual friend just days before he passed.
Charlie was a fun-loving cat, with a broad smile and a great disposition. He loved sports and played football and ran track for The Prep.
After graduation, Charlie enlisted in the U.S. Army and made a career of it. Several years ago, he moved to Tennessee with his family. He left behind brothers, sisters, a wife, children and grandchildren.
I met Charlie in the late 60's. He, too, lived in Curries Woods, during its better days. We spent a lot of hours together playing football, hanging out and just talking. Charlie was the kind of cat who was able to bring calm and order to a situation. On my wedding day, in 1985, I got into a huge argument with the best man, so much so that he, (the best man) was out of the wedding. And while I cannot remember what sparked the argument, it was Charlie Wilson, who uttered the words, "fellas, fellas..." (with that broad smile) and calmed us down. The wedding went on without a hitch.
Charlie was a great cat, who walked this Earth with a sense of confidence and humility. He will forever be missed.
Charlie was a fun-loving cat, with a broad smile and a great disposition. He loved sports and played football and ran track for The Prep.
After graduation, Charlie enlisted in the U.S. Army and made a career of it. Several years ago, he moved to Tennessee with his family. He left behind brothers, sisters, a wife, children and grandchildren.
I met Charlie in the late 60's. He, too, lived in Curries Woods, during its better days. We spent a lot of hours together playing football, hanging out and just talking. Charlie was the kind of cat who was able to bring calm and order to a situation. On my wedding day, in 1985, I got into a huge argument with the best man, so much so that he, (the best man) was out of the wedding. And while I cannot remember what sparked the argument, it was Charlie Wilson, who uttered the words, "fellas, fellas..." (with that broad smile) and calmed us down. The wedding went on without a hitch.
Charlie was a great cat, who walked this Earth with a sense of confidence and humility. He will forever be missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment